MINISTERE DE L'AGRICULTURE ET DE L'ALIMENTATION
The main tasks of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food (MAA) are:
- the sustainable development of agriculture, food, forestry, fisheries and aquaculture sectors,
- the quality and safety of food, animal and plant health,
- agricultural education and research.
The public policies implemented by the MAA are intended:
- to encourage new production and processing patterns in agriculture, agri-food, forestry / wood industry, agro-industry, fisheries and aquaculture, in a logic of triple economic, environmental and social performance,
- to improve the competitiveness of agricultural and agri-food production and to support exports,
- to ensure food safety, animal and plant health, animal well-being,
- to develop high quality food accessible to all, within the framework of the National Food Program,
- to promote educational, professional and social integration of both youth and adults through a high level agricultural education established in our territories.
It is quite natural that the MAA, as a partner of ECOTROPHELIA France and ECOTROPHELIA Europe from the beginning, supports these two important student competitions, a true showcase of diversity and food creativity.
Stéphane TRAVERT, Minister of Agriculture and Food.